Obesity is always a complex issue and losing weight from a specific area of your body is even trickier. There are various contributing factors to weight gain for women. Starting from genetics to side effects of drugs the list of things that come into play is pretty long. Arms are often a problematic area for females who have excess fat accumulated in them. Whatsoever the reason is, there is something you can definitely do to reduce fat accumulation through various methods. There are various exercises to reduce arm fat for ladies that can be done at home.
Has bodyweight got anything to do to reduce arm fat for ladies?
Wherever you want to lose your body from, and the overall caloric deficit is a prerequisite to it. When you lose weight, the subcutaneous fat lining underneath your skin also becomes thinner. So, even if you cannot work in a target area, you can still reduce fat if you lose your body weight. One of the chief concerns of women is the accumulation of fat in arms. A decrease in overall body weight will reduce arm fat for ladies more effectively than working on the arms precisely. We have shared some useful exercises and insider tips to tone arm muscles.
Best ways to Lose Arm fat for Ladies
If you have fat accumulation in a specific area of your body, your main objective should be in building muscle mass and burning calories. Here are some tips you should follow to lose arm fat for ladies:
- Build muscles to burn calories- Spot reduction is a myth that often allures us to follow the technique blindly. Rather, building muscles through bodyweight exercises is a better way to tone your arms and make them look slim. For that, you should try using specific workouts for overall weight loss and muscle toning to lose arm fat fast for females. Exercises such as push-ups, planks, and others put up strong resistance in your body by building up your muscle mass.
- Choose your diet wisely- To achieve your goal you need to focus on the targeted diet which is high on protein, fibers, vitamins, and minerals. Avoid eating refined carbs and fats that you get from white bread, pasta, or packaged foods. To get the best results, choose your calorie intake wisely. Include whole-grain foods viz. oats, quinoa, leafy vegetables, fruits, nuts, lean meat, and lot of fluids in your diet. Last but not least drink plenty of fluids (water, tea, or any unsweetened beverage) to keep yourself hydrated. Fluids have a tremendous capacity to induce a feeling of fullness and speed up metabolism. As a result, you end up eating less and gaining less weight in total.
- The cardio game as toned arm workout-Including cardio exercises is really helpful to those who cannot workout in a gym. According to Harvard Health Publishing statistics, various cardio exercises done by the male of 155 lbs. burn the following amounts of calories:
- Brisk walking (4 miles/hr.)- 167 Cal
- Rowing (stationary)- 316 Cal
- Running (6 miles/hr.)- 372 Cal
- Cycling (14 miles/hr.)- 372 Cal
- Swimming laps (vigorous)- 371 Cal
You can also include jogging, dancing, biking, or jumping rope in your workout regime.
- Sleep plays a tricky role- Several studies postulate that a sound sleep overnight plays a key role in regulating our appetite. On the other hand sleep deprivation causes an increased feeling of hunger. It happens due to the secretion of the hormone ghrelin which stimulates our appetite. Set a targeted sleep schedule for a stipulated time every day without any distractions. Make sure you have at least 5 hours of sound sleep to keep you energized for the next day.
4 Best exercises to lose arm fat fast for ladies
- Push-Ups- Are you a beginner or do not have time to hit the gym? A few sets of simple push-ups every day at homework best as toned arm workout without equipment. Lie down on the floor in a face-down position stretching your legs roughly spaced out at shoulder width. Tuck your toes inward and lift your body slowly upward exerting pressure on your palms. Bend your elbows and bring your face down about 2-3 inches above the ground. Again push yourself up like before. If it is difficult for you, do it by letting your knees touch the floor. Repeat the whole set 10-15 times.
- Triceps Dips-Looking for some rigorous workout to reduce arm fat for ladies? The triceps dips can solve your problem if you are already in the workout. Kneel down on the floor holding weights in your hands and with your toes tucked under. Slowly bend your torso forward and your elbows at a 90-degree angle. Stretch both your hands backward. Your palms should face each other. Feel the stretch in your triceps and come back to the original position. Repeat the same procedure 8-10 times in a set. For best results complete 3 sets of Triceps Dips.
- Skull crushers- If you want to lose arm fat, workout at home with a pair of dumbbells can work wonder. Lie on your back with your knees bent while holding dumbbells in your hands. Slowly raise your hands over your chest, lower them towards your head until the dumbbells touch the mat. While doing so keep your elbows at a 90-degree angle. Lower your weights on either side of your head with your elbows bent and exerting mild pressure towards your head. Repeat the whole process again. Complete this arm fat exercise at home in 3 sets with 10-12 reps in each set.
- Plank- Planking is one of the most effective ways to reduce arm fat for ladies. Start with your face down on the floor and letting your knees and forearms bear your weight. Step your feet outward keeping them slightly apart in a plank position. Keep your body straight and parallel to the floor. Your bum should be tucked in. Pull your abdomen inside and remain in this position for about 20-30 seconds and gradually increase it to 1 minute. Repeat the whole procedure thrice.
How can you Reduce Armpit Fat at Home?
Accumulation of fat around your armpit areas is faced by 3 out of 5 women. To get rid of this annoying problem you should follow a healthy diet plan and arm fat exercises at home regularly.
Here are a few tips for you:
- Do not keep yourself starved for long hours. It often leads to obesity in the long run. Instead, eat at every 2-3 hours interval.
- A nutrition-packed diet is essential for getting a toned arm. Include sufficient amounts of protein (dairy products, lean meat, eggs, fishes, legumes, etc.), fibers, vitamins, and a little carb in your regular diet.
- Avoid eating foods with high-calorie content e.g. aerated drinks, fried and junk foods, sweets, and processed food.
- If you want to lose arm fat, workout at home is a must. Just spending 30 minutes every day on muscle strengthening exercises is a good way to reduce armpit fat at home.
Can You do Yoga For Toned Arms?
If you are looking for some effective asanas in yoga for toned arms, there are many. These postures of these asanas help reduce excess fat from your biceps and triceps and make your wrists stronger. A few yoga poses for beginners and experts are as follows:
- Parvatasana- Sit in Padmasana posture keeping your hands on either side. Let your neck and chest remain straight, abdomen in normal form, and eyes focussed on a single point. Inhale for 3 seconds as you raise your hands stretching upwards. Join the palms keeping your arms stuck to your ears and look straight. Hold on to this position for 6 seconds. While returning to your original position first stretch out palms and slowly keeping the hands straight bring them down.
- Talasana-Talasana or Palm Tree Pose is a perfect asana for beginners who want to seek yoga for toned arms. Stand erect with your hands on the sides and feet placed one meter apart. Look straight focussing at one point. Take a deep breath and raise your left arm for an upward stretch keeping it close to your ears. Let your right hand relax by the side. Raise your heels to attain maximum stretch of your body and keep your gaze fixed up at a point.
By now you must have made up your mind to shed off excess fat and flaunt your slender arms. However, there are plenty of effective methods to lose arm fat fast for females. Bringing healthy changes in your diet, doing the rigorous workout at home, and above all maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the for most. Start implementing these changes in your routine and see how your arms shed off the excess fat and grow slimmer.